beginner code problem

RJ victimorcrime at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 18:41:53 EDT 2006

  I'm trying to teach myself Python (probably running into the old dog
new tricks issue) and I'm trying to start with the very basics to get a
handle on them.

  I'm trying to write code to get the computer to flip a coin 100 times
and give me the output of how many times heads and tails. After solving
a few syntax errors I seem to be stuck in an endless loop and have to
kill python. A few times I would get it to print 'heads 0 (or 1) times
and tails 1 (or 0) times' 100 times.

Here's the code I wrote:

import random

flip = random.randrange(2)
heads = 0
tails = 0
count = 0

while count < 100:

	if flip == 0:
		heads += 1

	else:
		tails += 1

	count += 1

print "The coin landed on heads", heads, 'times ' \
         "and tails", tails, 'times'