XML, JSON, or what?

Ant antroy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 12:11:10 EDT 2006

> Yes, evaling JSON, or any other text coming from the web, is definitely
> a bad idea.
>
> But there's no need for eval: there are safe JSON codecs for python,

Fair enough. And I should imagine that the codecs are still much faster
and easier to use than XML for the same purpose.

For my purposes, the JSON is pushed out to the web from our Java
web-app, and eval'd in the test scripts which screen scrape the JSON
structure from the web page - no danger in this case for me. But yes -
I wouldn't be eval'ing random 'JSON' code from the web :-)