GUI in Python using wxGlade

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Jun 15 12:33:43 EDT 2006

diffuser78 at gmail.com wrote:
> I am pasting my code. I created a small little GUI without any
> functionality as of yet. I wanted to ask few questions on that.

[lots of code ...]

> If I click on any of the items of the File Menu, say I click on "Open
> config File", I want a new windows to come up.
>
> My questions is when I create a new Frame/Windows in wxGlade, will it
> be wxFrame or wxMDI Frame......which one should I choose and why ?
>
> I am not completely aware of all the small tools that wxGlade gives and
> how to place them.
>

> Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

As I already said I'm a bit to busy to help with specifics right now.
Two places you might go for help:

1: http://www.holdenweb.com/PyConTX2006/wxPythonIntro.pdf

    The introductory tutorial I gave at PyCon TX 2006

2: Email to wxPython-users-help at lists.wxwidgets.org

    There's a fairly friendly community who will take your code as
    evidence you are trying to help yourself and explain the basics
    as necessary.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Love me, love my blog  http://holdenweb.blogspot.com