Get List of Classes

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Mon Jun 26 11:56:37 EDT 2006

>> I couldn't find any nice method for determining if a
>> variable referenced a module other than checking to see if
>> that item had both a "__file__" and a "__name__" attribute.
>
> Why not :
>
> In [8]: import types, sys
>
> In [9]: isinstance(sys, types.ModuleType)
> Out[9]: True

Yes...this is the best way to do it.  I hadn't explored (or even
noticed, before your reply) the "types" module, which seems to
have a large toolset for doing exactly what I wanted to.  Thanks!

A good programming language has users asking "how did I miss
that?" rather than "why can't I make it do what I want?".  Yet
another feather in Python's cap.

-tkc