Chris F Clark cfc at shell01.TheWorld.com
Sat Jun 24 15:34:54 EDT 2006

I wrote:
> I think there is some sense of convergence here.

Apologies for following-up to my own post, but I forgot to describe
the convergence.

The convergence is there is something more general that what type
theorists talk about when discussing types.  Type theory is an
abstraction and systemization of reasoning about types.  This more
general reasoning doesn't need to be sound, it just needs to be based
aound "types" and computations.

My own reasoning uses such an unsound system.  It has clear roots in
sound reasoning, and I wish I could make it sound, but....

In any case, dynamic tagging helps support my unsound reasoning by
providing evidence when I have made an error.

I hope this makes it less mystical for Marshall.

-Chris