Python less error-prone than Java

Christoph Zwerschke cito at online.de
Sat Jun 3 21:49:23 EDT 2006

Cameron Laird wrote:
> So, here's my summary:  Python's a nice language--a very nice one.
> It's safer to use than Java in many ways.  Python's typing is
> STRICTER than Java's, but it's also dynamic, so people get to argue
> for decades about which is a better model.  Anyone who thinks typing
> is a first-order determinant of code quality is making a big mistake
> though, anyway.

Yes, sorry. It has nothing to do with strict, but with static typing.
And I should not have chosen such a general subject line (I just meant
to be funny, but sounded more like a troll). I had just noticed that the
direct translation of that Java program to Python would not have that
subtle bug and found that this was worth mentioning.

-- Christoph