carshing the interpreter in two lines

Mel Wilson mwilson-to at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 4 11:27:06 EDT 2006

sam wrote:
> Mel:
> Wow that book brings back memories. I scanned my copy to review the
> subject covered, and came to the conclusion that mind reading
> algorithms are the answer.

I gathered from somewhere (but not the index to Andrew
Hodges' biography) that Turing was toying with an idea for
"oracles", where a computation would be allowed to call out
sometimes to a non-computational process to obtain some
required result.  Used maybe by  interactive debugging programs.

         Cheers,        Mel.

> Mel Wilson wrote:
[ ... ]
>>Douglas Hofstadter's _Goedel, Escher, Bach: an Eternal Golden Braid_.
[ ... ]