Reddit broke - should have remained on Lisp?

Alok writetoalok at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 30 06:19:25 EDT 2006

Luis M. González wrote:
> Alok wrote:
> > I was merely describing my experience and inviting others' response
> > about theirs.
>
> That's exactly what I'm doing.

You misinterpret, I was talking about my experience with the site and
inviting response from other people about their experience with the
site. Now, I don't know much about python or lisp, but I have read
about this web-site's history with the two programming languages. And
hence I chose to post in comp.lang.lisp and comp.lang.python.

     Now if there were a reddit.technology.lisp or
reddit.technology.python, and if they had the same traction as these
usenet groups, then I could have posted there. But that was not an
option was it.

> > Please don't misconstrue that as a blame on any language.
>
> I think it can be interpreted in many ways.

Can you please explain what your interpretation is?

> Now if you're not ready to read other people's oppinions, don't ask.

Now, I think you are unfairly prejudiced about my not wanting to read
other people's opinion. I would rather have a 1000 acrid responses to
something I write and learn from it, than post into a responseless
vacuum.