Making a Label that looks the same as a button.

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Tue Jun 13 11:27:10 EDT 2006

In article <mailman.6967.1150206949.27775.python-list at python.org>,
Grayson, John <John.Grayson at gdc4s.com> wrote:

>Buttons can look like labels without the need to create another object -
>just remove the
>Command binding, set state to DISABLED and disabledforeground='same
>color as NORMAL'...
>
>This demonstrates how to play with button styles:
			.
			.
			.
John, as I read the original poster, Tkinter.DISABLED is *exactly*
what he wants (although he might not realize it yet); I suspect
there's no need at all for other styling.

Are Button and Label styles truly identical except for
disabledforeground?  While I can't make the time now to research
this for myself, it surprises me; I thought there were padding
differences ...

Your remark about the Command has me curious:  why remove it?  In
terms of the original poster's description, what does this serve?
I repeat my speculation that Tkinter.DISABLED will "do it all" for
him.