Active Python versions

Tom Del Rosso td_01 at att.net.invalid
Mon Jun 19 17:01:50 EDT 2006

Trent Mick <trentm at activestate.com> typed
in news://mailman.7218.1150748874.27775.python-list@python.org,

> Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> Why is the Windows msi install file for ActivePython-2.4.3.12 only
>> 15MB whereas the older msi file for ActivePython-2.4.2.10 was 19MB?
>>
>> BTW, is that the prefered Python environment?
>
> Are you sure you are comparing the right packages? By my count:
>
> ActivePython-2.4.2.10-win32-x86.msi 19,053 KB
> ActivePython-2.4.3.12-win32-x86.msi 19,237 KB
>
> Note that the Windows *64-bit* builds are smaller (around 15MB)
> because they do not include PyWin32.

Thanks.  I didn't notice the file name was wrong until I tried to install
it.

Can I ask you about alternative environments?  How do Active Python and IDLE
from python.org compare?  I'm just starting out with it and I know they run
the same code but I don't want to have to change environments later.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.