How do I limit access to objects in Python?

Tommytrojan hauck at gseos.com
Mon Jun 26 19:46:19 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have an application that embeds the Python interpreter. My users have
access to the interpreter through a console like window and they can run
Python scripts. For my application I use some Python modules (say module
Restricted) that I don't want to give my users access to. However, the
modules that I make public to my users and that I want my users to be
able to use themselves use the Restricted module. Any suggestions on how
to solve this? I was thinking of instantiating a separate interpreter
but I don't think this will solve my problem.

Thanks,
   Thomas