billionlaughs, on me :-(( - on winXP help!

jmdeschamps at gmail.com jmdeschamps at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 14:53:16 EDT 2006

Looking up different blogs etc on xml parsers I wind up on the site of
Computer stuff, www.razorvine.net.
And in the browser torture section, the billionlaughs.xml link (that
you shouldn't use if you don't know what your doing, as was my case
(mea culpa))
Thinking I was about to crash the browser, I look up the web for
assorted advice and find nothing except a post about the *killer xml
file*...
So hereb goes nothing... click, hang, reboot, hangs, (mouse pointer
moves, that's it folks) the disk spins occasionally, the vents go up
mad, I guess the CPU is working - have know idea on what.
I'm able to boot in safe mode but don't know what to do next?

Any ideas ?

Further details?

Thanks in advance
(I know this is not directly related to python, but regulars here are
my only source of knowledge to this point, on this "Billion Laughs" DoS
attack)

Jean-Marc