simplexmlrpcserver and allow_none

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at designaproduct.biz
Thu Jun 8 05:31:51 EDT 2006

  Hello,

I ran in the same problem again. Many others have the same problem. Just
Google for this: "SimpleXMLRPCServer allow_none site:python.org".
Looks like the 'allow_none' patch was commited to trunk on 2005 Dec (
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-checkins/2005-December/048289.html )

I just upgraded to Python 2.4.3 (it was released on March 29, 2006) and
SimpleXMLRPCServer.py still has the old code.
I can work around this by coping the whole file into  a new file and
patch it, but I hate to do that.
I wonder why it has not been commited to the standard library yet. Does
anyone know if it will be in the next bugfix release?

Thanks,

   Laszlo