Py2exe make wxPython window looks bad

Ben Sizer kylotan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 05:32:40 EDT 2006

zdp wrote:
> But when I convert the program to EXE file by Py2exe, and run it, the
> look & feel is bad. It's just like the windows 9x. All controls has a
> thick and emboss border. However, the scrollbars look good, same as the
> window XP.

Bear in mind that a lot of WinXP users stick with the old-style theme
anyway, so you may want to consider them too when designing your forms.
Sadly, WxWidget layouts tend to look bad on the old Windows theme,
largely because there are too many unnecessary borders on the various
elements, and I don't know if that's an inherent problem with the
toolkit or just an oversight on the part of those who only develop
under the newer themes.

--
Ben Sizer