Interactive debugging

63q2o4i02 at sneakemail.com 63q2o4i02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Jun 26 00:39:45 EDT 2006

Hi, is there a way in python to place some sort of keyboard() type
statement which stops the script and puts you back at the console?  I'm
looking for something like in matlab, where you place a keyboard()
command (I think), then you're in debug mode in the console, and you
type continue to re-enter the script where you left off.  While you're
in the debugger/console you're at the scope where the keyboard() call
was and you can manipulate variables, etc.  Is there something like
this in python?  I've been using winpdb, which is great, but sometimes
I need more interactivity.  Is this what pdb is about?

thanks
ms