Python is fun (useless social thread) ;-)

Thu Jun 15 11:21:50 EDT 2006

Michele Simionato wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>> So out of curiosity, I'm just wondering how everyone else came to learn
>> it.
>
> I have already reported my first experiences with Python here:
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/2afa89689e897039/3d77eba36a97751d?q=simionato+my+first+python&rnum=3#3d77eba36a97751d
>
>          Michele Simionato

Very interesting post. And I definitely agree with you that, as much as
everyone seems to suggest the tutorial, I find it very difficult to
actually learn from. It helps to provide a review for the language, but
as a newbie, I really wouldn't have learned Python from it.

I do, however, think the docs are pretty good, although I sometimes find
myself just wishing that a function definition was simply laid out in an
easy to read format that included all of its parameters, so I would know
exactly what to pass to it (I guess help() is good for this though).