code is data

Ravi Teja webraviteja at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 15:35:23 EDT 2006

Paddy wrote:
> Anton Vredegoor wrote:
> > With the inclusion of ElementTree (an XML-parser) in Python25 and recent
> > developments concerning JSON (a very Pythonesque but somewhat limited
> > XML notation scheme, let's call it statically typed XML)
> <SNIP
> >
> > Your thoughts please.
> >
> > Anton
>
> Hi Anton.
> If you mean this JSON: http://www.json.org/example.html
> then I'd just point out that JSON isn't XML-like at all. In fact the
> examples look like valid Python nested dictionaries.

It is the same JSON. JSON is typically seen as a human friendly
replacement for some of the functions that XML is otherwise used for,
where the full blown XML spec is an overkill and JSON does not need
complicated parsers in some common languages because it can express
hierarchical data just like XML.