Writing PNG with pure Python

Johann C. Rocholl jcrocholl at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 9 17:49:38 EDT 2006

Alan Isaac schrieb:
> It's your code, so you get to license it.
> But if you wish to solicit patches,
> a more Pythonic license is IMHO more likely
> to prove fruitful.

What license would you suggest? After some reading at [1] and [2] and
[3], I found that the Academic Free License (version 2.1) and the
Apache License (version 2.0) are considered helpful for contributions
to the Python Software Foundation.

So far, I haven't used either of these licenses for my own code, and
after a little reading the AFL seems okay for me. I would perhaps
consider the LGPL [4] as an alternative because it is less restrictive
than the GPL.

Thoughts or links, anybody?

Cheers,
Johann