Any good module for chart creation ?

struggleyb struggleyb struggleyb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 02:50:05 EDT 2006

Hi ,
   I am just doing a trivial job , which generate a bar chart from a
collection of data , for example :
   I have a file like below ,

   Tom:23
   John:12
   Marry:56
   Jack:34

   What I want to do is  to read the data from the file and display it as a
bar chart or some other chart
   and then put the chart in my web page !

   I know it is something very easy  but I got blocked in installing
reportlab package . It failed to generate
   any picture and told that it can't find the 'Times-Roman' .pfd file .

   And the traceback is at below :

   Warn: Can't find .pfb for face 'Times-Roman'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./test1.py", line 21, in ?
renderPM.draw(d,c,0,0,showBoundary=rl_config._unset_)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/reportlab/graphics/renderPM.py", line
49, in draw
R.draw(drawing, canvas, x, y, showBoundary=showBoundary)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/reportlab/graphics/renderbase.py",
line 188, in draw
self.initState(x,y)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/reportlab/graphics/renderPM.py", line
86, in initState
self.applyState()
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/reportlab/graphics/renderPM.py", line
80, in applyState
self._canvas.setFont(s['fontName'], s['fontSize'])
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/reportlab/graphics/renderPM.py", line
327, in setFont
_setFont(self._gs,fontName,fontSize)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/reportlab/graphics/renderPM.py", line
207, in _setFont
raise RenderPMError, "Can't setFont(%s) missing the T1 files?\nOriginally
%s: %s" % (fontName,s1,s2)
reportlab.graphics.renderPM.RenderPMError: Can't setFont(Times-Roman)
missing the T1 files?
Originally exceptions.TypeError: makeT1Font() argument 2 must be string, not
None

I get bored to do that , can anyone give me some help or is there any other
python package to accomplish
the task more simply and fast ?

Thanks in advance !

Best Regards !