Replace one element of a tuple (LONG)

Captain Dondo yan at NsOeSiPnAeMr.com
Thu Jun 1 19:32:45 EDT 2006

BartlebyScrivener wrote:
>>>that one column is always the same, the name of the host that
>>>the database resides on.
>

> Then why are you pulling all of the other stuff out of the db? Why
> don't you just
>
> UPDATE tablename
>     SET hostname(or colname) = 'localhost'
>     WHERE search condition = the rows you want to change

Well, there is an interactive dialog where the user picks which records
s/he wants to put into the other database.  So in the target database,
that table may not even exist until the user selects which records go in
there.

But it does sound like I need to do some work on the database query....  :-)

--Yan