web Develop question

Luis M. González luismgz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 13:32:59 EDT 2006

gerkarcher at gmail.com wrote:
> hi guys ,
>
> I' m new to python ...and I would like to ask you , wich is the best
> template for developing dinamic generated pages using python ?
>
> I would like to use something easy to install and develop like php <?
>    ? > tags  and with a lots of features .
>
> thanks in advance and sorry for this silly question .
>
> regards,
>
> richard

I suppose you're asking about frameworks.
There are many to choose from. There are two that are getting a lot of
attention lately: Django and Turbogears, but it seems there are as many
options as developers out there...
If you're running your own server, you can choose anyone.
The real problem is finding a shared hosting service with the option of
your choice (at an affordable price).

I am very comfortable with bare-bones mod_python. Mod_python is a
module that embeds the python interpreter into Apache (a la php). It is
not a framework (what's more, many frameworks rely on mod_python), but
it gives you many facilities for web development.

I find specially handy its publisher handle, which lets you match urls
to pages.
It can be complemented with a template system, like Cheetah (very good)
or its own PSP (python server pages implementation) as a template
system.
It also gives you the best performance (as far as I know, please
correct me if I'm wrong).

Luis