New to Python: Do we have the concept of Hash in Python?

gregarican greg.kujawa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 17:50:13 EDT 2006

I needed certain Windows specific libraries that were difficult to
impossible to do in Ruby. For example the Qt toolkit, LDAP support, and
a WinCE implementation. Python is more Windows-friendly so I ported
certain apps over to Python since Ruby left me hanging in just those
specifics areas.

As for my preferred language I use Smalltalk, Ruby, and Python each
about a third of the time depending on what I'm looking to accomplish.
For quick admin scripts Ruby is my choice, but perhaps that's just
because I learned it first :-)