Python less error-prone than Java

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Jun 4 05:22:42 EDT 2006

Kaz Kylheku wrote:

> The trouble with your point is that Christoph's original posting refers
> to an article, which, in turn, at the bottom, refers to a bug database
> which shows that the very same defect had been found in Sun's Java
> library!

and as he points out at the top, it was the article author himself who
wrote that library code:

     /.../ let me tell you how I discovered the bug: The version
    of binary search that I wrote for the JDK contained the same
    bug. It was reported to Sun recently when it broke someone's
    program, after lying in wait for nine years or so.

</F>