PIL problem after installation

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Jun 10 12:21:32 EDT 2006

Lad wrote:

> I installed PIL under Linux but now when I try it I get the error:
>
> decoder jpeg not available
> How can I correct that problem?

if you built PIL yourself, the setup script told you how to fix this.

     - make sure you have right libraries installed (see the
       "prerequisites" section in the README)

     - run setup and read the BUILD SUMMARY report carefully

     - if the setup script cannot find a component, you'll have to edit
       the setup.py file and set the appropriate ROOT variable.  see in-
       structions in the setup.py file for details.

if you got a binary release, complain to the distributor.

</F>