VPW: T-Shirt design contest

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Thu Jun 22 12:13:58 EDT 2006

Bruno Desthuilliers submitted this really cool rant/essay/something from
Tim Lesher that I hadn't seen before. I think that the original source is:

http://apipes.blogspot.com/2005/01/choose-python.html

Choose Python. Choose readability. Choose the
simple over the complex and the complex over the
complicated. Choose dynamic typing. Choose duck
typing. Choose decorators. Choose generators.
Choose metaclasses if you don’t value your sanity.
Choose to import this. Choose an almost-fanatical
devotion to the BDFL, unless he comes up with
something like optional static typing, in which case
choose to whine about it in your blog until he stops.
Choose Effbot. Choose Timbot. Choose wx. Choose
to come up with a bloody implementation before
spouting off on comp.lang.python or Python-Dev.
Choose the explicit rather than the implicit. Choose
one obvious way to do it, especially if you are Dutch.
Choose list comprehensions. Choose Paul Graham’s
essays and s/LISP/Python/g. Choose Jython when
your marketing people choose Java. Choose speed
of development over speed of execution, but when in
doubt, import psyco. Choose to finish early and
laugh at your colleagues as they waste their
miserable lives bowing down in subservience to that
sadistic little C++ compiler.
Choose your future.
Choose Python.

I think that it might be a bit long to put on a T-Shirt but it is
definitely cool :-)

Still collecting ideas at:
http://www.vanpyz.org/conference/tshirt_contest.html

Cheers,