Import elfclass32 issue

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Jun 11 07:28:23 EDT 2006

DarkBlue wrote:

> and that's all I did. The suse10.1 installation is pristine
> only auto updated with the latest patches of the day.

if you're using a SuSE-provided python interpreter, you should make to
use the right development files (python-dev, or whatever that's called
over in SuSE land).

if you do, it's a SuSE problem (this wouldn't be the first time SuSE
ships broken Python software)

have you checked the SuSE bug databases / support forums for clues, btw?

(if you google for the error message, you'll find several hundreds of
non-Python-related hits, so it's more of a 32/64-bit compiler problem
than a Python problem...)

</F>