python texts?

nate nate at natefico.com
Sat Jun 17 02:10:02 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,

Can anyone recommend python text progression from me. Assuming I have no
knowledge of python which books should I progress through? I prefer
published books that I can actually hold with my hands. But if there are
some awesome tutorials on-line I guess I am game. At this moment I am
reading Learning Python 2nd edition by O'Reilly. I am enjoying it at the
moment. I intend to be done with it in a week. But not sure where it
will put me in the grand scheme of programming with python.

So perhaps a more direct question would be, what do I read after this
book? Should I read something before this book? Should I ditch this book?

Thanks,
--Nate