how to print newline in xml?

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Thu Jun 1 14:59:53 EDT 2006

"anatoli.barski at googlemail.com" <anatoli.barski at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thank you! I think description as an attribute is readable. But now I'm
> thinking about the order of attributes cause I noticed that for
> instance X="0" Y="0" Z="0" set in this order by my script is printed
> like X="0" Z="0" Y="0" therefore it could be messy - I wouldn't like
> the description to be somewhere between the other attributes. But I
> have to test it.

I don't know the library you are using, and also have way more experience
in Perl. I guess that the attributes are stored in a dictionary, which has
no order, and hence the original order of the attributes is lost. In Perl
with some modules I use I can chose to use a list or a hash (=
dictionary). With the former the original order is preserved.

I am sure something like that is possible in Python as well.

--
John                               MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/
                           personal page:       http://johnbokma.com/