cgi and popen

Maarten van Veen foster at home.nl
Wed Jun 7 08:54:41 EDT 2006

A long story made short, I've build a python/cgi website consisting of
two pages. Page1 has a html form in which you can input a series of
queries. Then via Popen it starts a pythons search script, which stores
the results in a python shelve.
As the Popen command is given it should redirect to page2, which will
check if the shelve is ready (search finished) and if not displays a
search page, refreshing itself after 10 seconds.
The Popen command works nice when tried out in the console. The script
isueing the Popen quits, and the other process keeps on running till
finished.
But when embedded in page1.cgi, page 1 waits till the search is
finished, resulting in a browser timeout when big queries are done. It
was this problem in the first place why I split up the page in two and
added Popen.
Does anybody know how to get the page not waiting on Popen to finish?

thnx
Maarten