Best Python Editor

Fabio Zadrozny fabiofz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 06:46:51 EDT 2006

On 1 Jun 2006 01:14:28 -0700, andyrsmith at googlemail.com <
andyrsmith at googlemail.com> wrote:

> If we could go back to emacs again for a second...
>
> I'm still using emacs but have been playing with a few other ide's
> (wing, komodo + pydev) are the ones i've given a go recently.
>
> However I still end up coming back to emacs for what I consider to be
> emacs mode's piece of 'killer functionality', (well, killer for me
> anyway :-) ) which is the C-c C-c shortcut to send the contents of the
> current buffer to a running interpreter. (i.e. one long-running
> interpreter that behaves as if the entire buffer had been retyped).

Have you checked pydev extensions? It has an 'interactive console' which can
do what you just said (but different keybinding, as it would require you to
select all you want: Ctrl+A and then send it to the buffer: Ctrl+Enter, but
on the other hand, it can do much more too)

You can check details at
http://www.fabioz.com/pydev/manual_adv_interactive_console.html

If there's something missing there, you can submit a feature-request...

Cheers,

Fabio