better Python IDE? Mimics Maya's script editor?

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Fri Jun 9 03:51:47 EDT 2006

[Steve Holden]

| warpcat wrote:

| > In Maya's mel script editor window, it's split into two sections.
| > Bottom window you can enter commands (where your script lives), top
| > window gives results.  The thing I'm really used to is
| highlighting X#
| > of lines in the bottom window (little snippits from my script), and
| > executing that selection, with instant feedback of the
| results on top.
| > This really speeds my workflow.

| I don't know of anything that exhibits the exact behaviour
| you describe,
| but then again you might like to consider that i found your
| request very
| odd. I'm sure that way of testing code seems entirely natural to you,
| but I can honestly say that in almost ten years using Python it's not
| something I have ever wished for.

I may have misread, but it sounds just like what Lightning does:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=125834

Except that you enter snippets in the top window and the
results appear in the bottom window. (Or, I think, even
side-by-side according to some preference setting).

Try it and see, perhaps.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk