secure xmlrpc server?

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at designaproduct.biz
Wed Jun 7 06:53:34 EDT 2006

  Hello,

I'm trying to create a simple XMLRPC server and a client. It is a small
application, but the connection needs to be secure. I would like the
client to be as thin as possible. Ideally, the client should only
require the basic python library, nothing else. I found many examples on
the net. But I could not find secure ones (except twisted/xmlrpc, but I
would like to use the basic python lib on the client side, if possible).
I know that python supports HTTPS. In theory, this could be used to
bulild a secure xmlrpc server. I think that the client would work with
this code:

# Connect to server
server = ServerProxy("https://myserver.com:8000")

But I do not know how to create an XML RPC server in Python that uses
HTTPS for XML transports.  (The server may use other libraries, just the
client needs to be thin.)
Can you help me please?

Thanks,

   Laszlo