Python is fun (useless social thread) ;-)

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Jun 15 10:05:26 EDT 2006

On 2006-06-15, John Salerno <johnjsal at NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

> So out of curiosity, I'm just wondering how everyone else came
> to learn it. If you feel like responding, I'll ask my
> questions for easy quoting:

I didn't want to use Outlook to read my e-mail, so I needed a
way to get them onto a non-MS box.  The only way to suck my
e-mails out of the MS server was to use the COM API built into
Outlook.

I didn't have any development tools on the Windows machine and
wasn't about to pay MS for a C/C++ compiler.

Google found me an example of doing COM stuff using Python.

It turns out that using Python was way easier than using C
would have been.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  This is a NO-FRILLS
                                  at               flight -- hold th' CANADIAN