Which compiler will Python 2.5 / Windows (Intel) be built with?

Rob Williscroft rtw at freenet.co.uk
Thu Jun 15 19:17:02 EDT 2006

 wrote in news:1150410921.201231.277880 at c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com in
comp.lang.python:

>> As nikie pointed out, you can buy a 1-year MSDN Pro Subscription that
>> includes the VS2003 system.  All that stopped is the free toolkit.
>
> The MSDN Pro Subscription is not really an option because we have no
> use for the 2005 compiler at all if it doesn't work with Python. I
> think we'll just try to get some boxed version of Visual Studio 2003
> Professional from somewhere.

This is the .NET 11 SDK, I belive it includes the 2003 compiler (*):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=9b3a2ca6-3647-
4070-9f41-a333c6b9181d&displayLang=en&oRef=

I found the link with google: net 1.1 sdk download
its the first hit.

*) I'm not going to check as I have VS2003 installed already.

Rob.
--
http://www.victim-prime.dsl.pipex.com/