How to generate k+1 length strings from a list of k length strings?

Boris Borcic bborcic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 05:32:05 EDT 2006

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com wrote:
> Boris Borcic:
>>> I don't do challenges.
>> Pfff... and you don't do real debates either.
>
> Different nations have different values and different cultures, in mine
> challenges are often seen as things for children, and a waste of time
> for adults (probably in USA challenges are appreciated more).

(1) This is becoming very ridiculous. What do the USA have to do with it ?

(2) Different nations have different languages, and a good rule of thumb when
debating with someone of unknown linguistic origins is not to focus on the
connotations you percieve to a single word you abstract from its context.

(3) Different intellectual communities have different values, in mine it is the
rule not to make abstract claims if not ready to put them to experimental test -
and it's less a matter of (passing or failing) tests than a matter of making
clear the rule of translation between one's own abstract language and objective
facts. And by these means, ultimately, to measure the divergence in languages.

(4) As concerns the matter of the case, you made broad and abstract claims while
implicitely referring to some doctrine(s), and I concisely formulated the demand
that you back them up with (according to you) observable facts. I note that
instead you chose to articulate your doctrine while avoiding an occasion to
probe its adequacy.

(5) I find your systematic enrollment of children to your cause quite
inappropriate.