Darren New dnew at san.rr.com
Fri Jun 23 18:23:19 EDT 2006

Marshall wrote:
> point. My point was, I don't see why you'd be writing code using
> operators that you thought might not be applicable to the operands.

I see. I thought your point was that you might write code for which you
didn't know the type of arguments. Unless you equate "type" with what
smalltalk calls "protocol" (i.e., the type is the collection of
operators applicable to values in the type), these are two different
statements.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Native Americans used every part