GUI Program Error

jmdeschamps at gmail.com jmdeschamps at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 13:44:27 EDT 2006

Byte wrote:
> Thanks, this works. Now, since the tutorial I was using is clearly
> rubbish, any better ones? For a (relative) newbie please. Also, how do
> I code a GUI Hello World program?
>
>  -- /usr/bin/byte

How does John Salerno previous code NOT fit the bill?

>> John Salerno wrote:
>> import Tkinter as tk
>>
>> root = tk.Tk()
>> label = tk.Label(root, text='Hello world!')
>> label.pack()
>> root.mainloop()

I think you should get a copy of "an-introduction-to-tkinter" from
Fredrik Lundh and try out the different usage examples and experiment,
then post more specific questions (after searching this newsgroup since
many questions lie here already answered).