what are you (not) using python language for?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Jun 7 09:56:32 EDT 2006

On 2006-06-07, robert <no-spam at no-spam-no-spam.com> wrote:

> I am curious for what kind of (new) serious programs and projects the
> Python language and its offsprings like Pyrex would not be the optimal
> programming language currently?

The stuff I work on for which I don't use Python:

 * Device drivers (Linux and BSD).

 * Embedded systems.  Even at the high end of things, my
   projects have only a few MB of memory -- not nearly enough
   to run Python. There's really not much point in discussing
   Python for the smaller projects with 16KB of ROM and 256
   bytes of RAM. ;)

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm gliding over a
                                  at               NUCLEAR WASTE DUMP near