ideas for programs?

akameswaran at gmail.com akameswaran at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 14:16:20 EDT 2006

James Stroud wrote:
> A digest of the major points summarizing the consensus opinion:
>
> Thomas Bartkus wrote:
>  > Python is your tool to put your expertise on a computer. Skill with
> Python,
>  > or any computer language for that matter, counts for little.
>
> And akameswaran at gmail.com wrote:
>  > As far as employment.  I come from a java background, and that seems
>  > the only language I can pay the bills with:).  Particularly in the US
>  > paid python jobs are hard to come by.
>
> James

Hmm, I'm not clear what you were trying to say when you put these two
quotes together.  They seem actually opposed to each other.

Despite what I wrote, Thomas is making a more accurate statement.
However, Java EXPERIENCE does look good on my resume - and seems to
carry a lot more weight than python experience.  I don't like that fact
- but let's face it, a lot of HR departments look at things just that
way.