Numerics, NaNs, IEEE 754 and C99

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Jun 15 11:47:19 EDT 2006

On 2006-06-15, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>>> Firstly, a FAR more common assumption is that integers wrap in twos'
>>> complement - Python does not do that.
>>
>> It used to
>
> for integers ?  what version was that ?

Am I remebering incorrectly?  Didn't the old fixed-width
integers operate modulo-wordsize?  I distinctly remember having
to rewrite a bunch of checksum code when fixed-width integers
went away.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  My uncle Murray
                                  at               conquered Egypt in 53