pyqt show wizard

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Wed Jun 7 09:25:25 EDT 2006

Yves Glodt wrote:  > I have a mainwindow in my pyqt application, and on
click of a button I  > want to start an assistant (wizard). >  > I have
create the wizard with the Qt Designer, generated the python code  >
with pyuic, imported it "from assistant import *", and subclassed it as
 > usual. >  > To show it, the onclick method of the button does: >  >
w = Wizard() > w.show() >  > bot nothing happens...  If this is within
a method that returns immediately after the show() call, the wizard
will go out of scope and be deleted. I suspect that you really want to
call   w.exec_loop()   intead, since this will only return control to
the method after the user has finished interacting with the wizard.
Take a look at the QWizard documentation for more information:
http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/qwizard.html   David