Trying to get FreeImagePy to work.

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at TOGLIunipex.it
Sat Jun 3 05:13:46 EDT 2006

Iain King wrote:
>> I'll try out FIPY's resizing tomorrow too.  OTOH, I have functions
>> to convert between PIL and wxPython, and functions to convert
>> betweem PIL and FIPY, but I don't see a function to convert FIPY to
>> wxPython?
>>

> Image at:  http://www.snakebomb.com/misc/example.tif
>
> Iain

Yes it's min-is-white::

michele:~$ tiffinfo example.tif
TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, example.tif: unknown field with tag 37680
(0x9330) encountered.
TIFF Directory at offset 0x1520 (5408)
   Subfile Type: (0 = 0x0)
   Image Width: 1696 Image Length: 1162
   Resolution: 200, 200 pixels/inch
   Bits/Sample: 1
   Compression Scheme: CCITT Group 4
   Photometric Interpretation: min-is-white        # <------
   FillOrder: msb-to-lsb
   Samples/Pixel: 1
   Rows/Strip: 1162
   Planar Configuration: single image plane
   ImageDescription: DS
michele:~$

So you *need* to invert it to work correctly with PIL!

P.s. Added the convertToWx function, that return a wx.Image, to the
Image class.

Michele