Combining The Best Of Python, Ruby, & Java??????

Luis M. González luismgz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 14:12:53 EDT 2006

Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> > But semantically it is a proper functional language. The features may
> > not attract Python users who might prefer Boo/Jython/IronPython. But it
> > does offer something to disillusioned Groovy users.
>
> Are they disillusioned? Just wondering.
>
> Diez

Whay talking about disillutioned programmers?
These are tools, not religions...
I love python, and I like it more everyday. And with the advent of
Pypy, its future looks brighter than ever.
But I also find very interesting these new options that are coming up.
Although I'm not a professional programmer (not even a serious
aficionado), I love to be able to translate my python skills very
easily to .NET through Boo, for example.
I even find it more appealing than Ironpython, because it was created
from the ground up to take advantage of the CLR.
On the other hand, porting pure python to .NET is in many aspects like
trying to fit a square on a circle (I don't know if this sentence makes
sense in english...).
Because many of the design choices taken by GvR back in the early
nineties were surely conditioned by the platform he chose to write
python, which is the c language.
The good thing is that python is having a lot of influence in these new
languages.
As far as I could see, even C# 3.0 is showing up some pythonic traits.