getting POST vars from BaseHTTPRequestHandler

and-google at doxdesk.com and-google at doxdesk.com
Tue Jun 27 23:51:57 EDT 2006

Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:

> When I make a post, it just hangs (in self.rfile.read()).

I don't know about BaseHTTPRequestHandler in particular, but in general
you don't want to call an unlimited read() on an HTTP request - it will
try to read the entire incoming stream, up until the stream is ended by
the client dropping the connection (by which point it's too late to
send a response).

Instead you'll normally want to read the request's Content-Length
header (int(os.environ['CONTENT_LENGTH']) under CGI) and read(that
many) bytes.

--
And Clover
mailto:and at doxdesk.com