Problem on win xp and run time error

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at TOGLIunipex.it
Sat Jun 17 03:50:54 EDT 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
>> I see that the page says: """ This problem may occur when you use
>> the /GR and the /MD compiler switches """
>
> hint 1: the use of "may" in that sentence is intentional.

This is the only, real, answer/solution that I found on internet, so I
thought that was the problem. This also convince me because the page
said that this happen only on win xp sp2, that is the platform where the
problem happens! All work on win2k!

> hint 2: python 2.4 wasn't built with Visual C++ 6.0 (but python 2.3
> was)

But, I have problems only on with 2.4! With 2.3, and the *same* code,
all work!

> hint 3: on Windows, this message is displayed when the "abort"
> function is called (including when an assert fails):
>
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k089yyh0.aspx
>
> the python interpreter will call abort() when it stumbles upon a
> fatal error (Py_FatalError), or when an internal assertion fails.
> when this happens, the program will print a "Fatal Python error"
> message to both stderr and the debug console before it calls abort.

Normally py2exe catch that messages and show them when the program are
closed, but in this case, I don't see any message :(

Is it possible that some, but I don't know what, can be modified from
py2.3 to py2.4 and now my program wont work?
Is there some tried that I can do for try to solve my issue?

> </F>

Thanks,
Michele