Screen Scraping for Modern Applications?

KenAggie kewashi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 23:48:42 EDT 2006

I just learned about a python library called BeautifulSoup in a thread
responding to my Southwest Airlines script that I wrote and posted on
the Python cookbook web site. I wrote my script using the provided
HTMLParser class. BeautifulSoup could have saved me some time perhaps.
Take a look. Feel free to browse my code for an example of how to use
HTMLParser for a moderately involved project.

BeautifulSoup link:
http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/

My Southwest Boarding pass script link:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/496790