Trace KeyboardInterrupt exception?

Tony Nelson *firstname*nlsnews at georgea*lastname*.com
Tue Jun 13 13:42:56 EDT 2006

I'm trying to find out what is eating some KeyboardInterrupt exceptions
in a fairly large program (yum).  My KeyboardInterrupt handler is called
for some Ctl-C presses, but for others nothing seems to happen.
Grepping the source (what of it I've found, looking at import
statements) doesn't turn up anything likely.

My thinking is that either some "except:" clause is eating them, or some
place I haven't looked is eating them, or possibly C code is eating
them.  For the first two, at least, I'd like to use a debugger to trace
KeyboardInterrupt exceptions, make sure that they're happening, and see
what is handling them.  I don't see a way to trace or break on a
specific exception type in Idle.  Can someone give me a hint on how to
do this?  I'm willing to consider other debuggers, including gdb (DDD).