Paste text across multiple text boxes

dpryan dpryan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 09:52:26 EDT 2006

I've written a python program that analyzes some data. However, I would
like to make it easier to input data from the user. Currently, I have
nine text boxes arranged vertically, and the user types a number into
each of the boxes. This can be a little tedious, so I've envisioned a
way speed up the process.

I would like the user to be able to copy a vertical list of data (from
excel or notepad) and paste it into the first textbox on my program.
When they do this, I want each number to go into its respective box
(the first number into the first box, and so on). I'm using wx.TextCtrl
boxes, but haven't been able to find a way to do this.

Is there a way to intercept the pasted data so I can control how it
goes into my text boxes? Or is there another way to make this work?

Thanks!