BCD List to HEX List

Philippe Martin pmartin at snakecard.com
Mon Jul 31 19:29:48 EDT 2006

John Machin wrote:

> Have you actually tried it? Do you mean it barfs on the word "long"
> [meaning that it's not an ANSI-compliant C compiler], or that "long" is
> only 16 bits?

:-) if the documentation tells me there is no 32 bit support, why should I
not believe it ?

> because (1) [like I said before] gcc appears to be able to generate
> code for a vast number of different CPUs (2) because I find it very
> difficult to believe that a C compiler for the CPU on a device in
> current use won't support 32-bit longs -- and so far you have presented
> no credible evidence to the contrary

I can recall working on a sparclite many years ago (32 bits) with a
x-compiler called g++ (supported by cygnus) that handled the type "long
long" = 64 bits.

As far as the credible evidence ... you're hurting my feelings ;-)

>>  and I googled S1C88 and sent you a
>> link as that is the name of the compiler's directory.
>
> and is that or is it not the correct link for the documentation for the
> compiler that you are using??????

Neither can I ! - never found any documentation online ... got it from my
device supplier.

Regards,

Philippe