WSAStartup failed: error code 10107

ralphdepping at googlemail.com ralphdepping at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 28 07:01:20 EDT 2006

Thanks for the suggestion Rob.  All I can find are 2 copies of
winsock.dll:
c:/WINNT/system32/winsock.dll
c:/WINNT/system32/dllcache/winsock.dll
They're both the same version 3.10.0.13

I assume it's ok to have a copy in the dllcach directory and that's not
a source of the problem?

Does python require a specific version of winsock.dll?  The OS is
windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4.

Cheers,
Ralph